Perseverance is proud to reissue the soundtrack to the 1963 Sidney Poitier film, Lilies Of The Field. This movie is still seen by many as a milestone in cinema. The film launched Sidney Poitier and earned him an Oscar and Golden Globe for his portrayal of handyman Homer Smith, the first time an African-American actor had ever won a major award for Best Actor. The film was a landmark in cinema and needed a composer who could convey the film with a down to earth, rural, folksy sound. Jerry Goldsmith created a score that was both jubilant and accessible for anybody to listen to.
Some facts about this recording:
• Sony had this remastered for us. It's in mono (it's a 1963 film) but it sounds excellent.
• Limited to 3,000 CDs.
• This is a straight reissue of the original album.
• Original LP cover art.
• Reasonably priced CD.
• Features liner notes by Jeff Bond
1. Main Title 1:53
2. Homer Returns 1:34
3. The Roof 1:16
4. Homer Awakes / Breakfast 3:12
5. Feed the Slaves / Drive to Mass 1:37
6. Amen / Sunday Morning / Amen 3:59
7. The Contractor 2:28
8. Out of Bricks 1:08
9. No Hammer / Return of the Prodigal 4:21
10. Lots of Bricks / Aid Given / Aid Rejected 6:53
11. Amen 2:18
12. End Title / End Cast 1:26