TAG: THE ASSASSINATION GAME tells the story of a group of college students involved in a game where players try to eliminate each other using mock weapons in until there is only one player left. In the latest round of TAG, one player becomes so fixated on winning that he swaps his suction dart gun for the real thing and begins killing off the competition.
Craig Safan’s score for TAG: THE ASSASSINATION GAME was built around three primary ideas that matched the main stylistic elements of Castle’s visual architecture for the film. The film’s opening sequence was designed as a homage to the James Bond films of the day and Safan’s music has a jazz/boogie element to it. For Alex and Susan, Safan chose to write music in a kind of 1940’s jazz style, complete with writing for solo trumpet. For the film’s stalk-and-shoot sequences, Safan chose to write music in an orchestral style similar to the approach used in the the slasher movies of the day. TAG: THE ASSASSINATION GAME’s score was recorded with a moderately-sized orchestra of about 45-50 players. The score is primarily orchestral, with a few subtle electronic embellishments from synthesizer, performed by Safan’s frequent programmer, Michael Boddicker. In addition to the film’s underscore, Safan was responsible for composing and recording the source music heard from radios, parties, and the like. Most unique among Safan’s source music for TAG: THE ASSASSINATION GAME is the song “Easy With You,” which Safan wrote with multiple Academy Award-winning and Broadway lyricist Sammy Cahn.
Limited edition release of 1000 units
1. Tag: The Assassination Game Main Title
2. Opening Set Up/ First Meeting
3. Campus Information (Solo Piano)
4. Gersh's Theme
5. Pool Kill
6. Gersh's Room/The Gun/ Shower Kill
7. Rug Pull/What Do You Want? (Love theme)
8. A Killer Kiss
9. Gersh Stalkng / Kill In Bleachers
10. Americanization March
11. She's a Psychology Major!
12. Romantic Montage
13. Don't you want to be in the Finals?/ Gersh Kills Wallace/ Mouse in the Closet
14. Can I Borrow Your Gun?
15. The Final Players
16. We Could Sleep in All Day
17. Flowers for Swayze
18. Putting the Pieces Together
19. Gersh's 2nd Place Piece
20. Gersh is the Killer/ Susan in Gersh's Room/ The Bodies / Calling for Help
21. Deadly Pursuit
22. Death of Gersh & Finale/Tag: The Assassination Game-End Credits
23. Easy With You
24. Rock Concert Source
25. TV Source
26. Rehearsal music
27. Alternate End Title (Not Used)