PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
In collaboration with Gruppo Sugar and EMI Music Publishing France, Music Box Records is pleased to present, for the first time on a 2-CD set, the French release of the three original motion picture soundtracks of the iconic trilogy La Cage aux folles (Il vizietto, Il vizietto II and Matrimonio con vizietto) composed, orchestrated and conducted by Ennio Morricone.
La Cage aux folles (Birds Of A Feather) is a 1978 Franco-Italian comedy film based on a 1973 play by French actor Jean Poiret. It is co-written and directed by Édouard Molinaro (Oscar, L'Homme pressé) and stars Ugo Tognazzi and Michel Serrault. The film was followed by two sequels: La Cage aux Folles 2 also directed by Molinaro, and La Cage aux folles 3: The Wedding (1985), directed by Georges Lautner. (Mort d'un pourri, Le Professionel).
Between emotion and light-heartedness, austerity and glitter, seriousness and irony, Ennio Morricone’s music for the three Cage aux folles is one of his most sympathetic works. This diversity is precisely what makes these scores so powerful and enables them to add their own layer of craziness to the films.
Supervised by Claudio Fuiano and newly restored by Christophe Hénault, this present edition features the three previously released programs approved by Ennio Morricone. The 12-page booklet features an essay by Nicolas Magenham discussing the films and the scores. The release is limited to 500 units.
LA CAGE AUX FOLLES I
1. Il vizietto (3:13)
2. A luci blu (3:12)
3. Una strana coppia (2:30)
4. L'onorevole famiglia (1:03)
5. Arredamento religioso (2:39)
6. Alla John...W... (1:10)
7. La gabbia dei matti (1:52)
8. Seduzione interrotta (3:32)
9. Prima dello soettacolo (2:02)
10. Dopo la scenata (3:03)
11. Dal night (0:51)
13. Il vizietto (2:18)
14. L'onorevole famiglia (1:41)
15. Il vizietto (2:21)
LA CAGE AUX FOLLES II
16. Pensando solo a lei (3:52)
17. Foxeggiando giallamente (4:11)
18. Variamente significante (3:50)
19. Melodia d'amore (2:59)
20. Tema per la madre (3:31)
21. Citazione western (1:43)
22. Francesi e tedeschi (2:16)
23. Incontro imprevisto (2:16)
24. Servizi segreti (2:50)
Time • 61:17
LA CAGE AUX FOLLES 3 : « ELLES » SE MARIENT
1. Now it's up to me (4:09) performed by Tilda
2. Castelli di Scozia (3:17)
3. Tu sei qui per me (3:01)
4. Il piacere di piacere (1:21)
5. Stasera ti amo (1:33)
6. D'amore si vive (2:59)
7. Ask me (2:48) Interprété par Tilda
8. Il volo dell'ape regina (3:18)
9. Tu sei qui per me (#2) (4:18)
10. Stasera ti amo (#2) (2:45)
11. Notturno marino (5:57)
12. Due ragazzi normali (1:23)
13. Ask me (#2) (2:57) performed by Sam Jordan
14. Tu sei qui per me (#3) (2:25)
15. Stasera ti amo (#3) (1:53)
16. D'amore si vive (#2) (1:24)
17. Il piacere di piacere (#2) (1:43)
18. Tu sei qui per me (#4) (2:12)
19. Notturno marino (#2) (2:38)
20. Castello di Scozia (Ennio's edit) (1:20)
(for the MUTAC spot directed by Giuseppe Tornatore)
Time • 54:11
Total Time • 115:28