PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid March and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Digitmovies rerelease on CD the OST by Luis Bacalov from the movie “Si può fare… amigo” (aka “Can be done”).
At the time of the film's release only a 45 rpm single of this OST was issued which contained the song “Can be done”, with lyrics by Sergio Bardotti and sung by Rocky Roberts (in 1966 Bacalov had already collaborated with Roberts, performer of the main theme from the highly successful western movie “Django”). Only in 1995 Point Records released a CD (PRCD 120) which contained the istrumental score coupled with the OST from “Il grande duello”. For this our very brand new digitally restored and remastered CD, we again had access to the mono master tapes of the recording session that gave us the chance to discover some unreleased takes which we have assembled in a 7:46 suite. In addition a special bonus track (Tr.16) features the very rare stereo-mixed version of the original 45 rpm single song. Luis Bacalov succeeds in representing in his music the whole sentimental side of the plot (the friendship between the corpulent, but good-hearted Thompson and the child Chip) by writing a sweet and cheerful main theme that is introduced in Titoli di testa in a pop key and with a little Bacharach flavour called “Can be done”, sung by Rocky Roberts and accompanied by a children's choir (Tr.1). This theme is reprised with orchestral variations sometimes dramatically, sometimes in an epic western context with the use of the harmonica of the great Franco De Gemini (Tr.2, Tr.3, Tr.4, Tr.5, Tr.9, Tr.11, Tr.14) and alternated with saloon as well as instrumental and choir folk music (Tr.6, Tr.8, Tr.12, Tr.13). This CD is dedicated to all the fans of the mythic Bud Spencer, of the Italian Western and of the music art of the Academy Award winner Luis Bacalov.
Coburn Thompson (Spencer), a good-natured tramp, happens to protect the little orphan Chip Anderson (Cestiè) from a gang of criminals headed by James (Catenacci) and by the priest-sheriff Franciscus (Rabal) who wants to put his hands on a piece of land full with oil inherited by the child. Sonny (Jack Palance) will help him, a cynic gunman dressed in black who wanders about accompanied by a group of female saloon dancers and his sister Mary (Dany Saval), who is in love with Coburn.
1. CAN BE DONE 3:12
2. SI PUÓ FARE...AMIGO 1:48
3. GUAI IN VISTA 1:19
4. IL VILLAGGIO AL TRAMONTO 3:32
5. SI PUO’ FARE?...CERTO! 2:27
6. PIANINO,PIANINO 2:49
7. UN PO’ DI TENEREZZA 1:12
8. VALZER AL SALOON 1:57
9. AMORE NEL WEST 1:22
10. IL DUELLO 1:47
11. IL VILLAGGIO ALL’ALBA 1:05
12. BUFFO INSEGUIMENTO 1:24
13. FESTA AL VILLAGGIO 2:51
14. CAN BE DONE 2:48
15. SI PUO’ FARE AMIGO (suite) 7:46
16. CAN BE DONE (original single stereo mix) 3:10
Limited edition 300 copies