PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of June 18, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
“A lively and lavish musical in the Fox tradition. The film is well done with sumptuous sets and numbers and Faye’s winning voice makes for top entertainment.”
– The Motion Picture Guide
“Filled with all the familiar flash and glitter of the movie honky-tonks and it is filmed to the Technicolored extremities of a mammoth pousse-café – all of which makes for visual entertainment and a certain fascination of the ear.”
– Bosley Crowther, The New York Times
A tuneful treasure chest full of more than a dozen Great American Songbook standards and top-tier production values, Hello, Frisco, Hello (1943) is a lavish, nostalgia-drenched showcase for beloved star Alice Faye as a vaudevillian who rises to stardom in the theatrical world of San Francisco’s bustling Barbary Coast, while romantically longing for handsome entrepreneur/mentor John Payne, regrettably distracted by the calculated charms of a Nob Hill socialite (Lynn Bari). Jack Oakie, June Havoc and Oscar®-nominated Technicolor® cinematography are also prime assets, as is the lilting Harry Warren/Mack Gordon Best Original Song Academy Award® winner, “You’ll Never Know,” which became a wistful anthem of hope and longing for World War II-era audiences.
VIDEO: 1080p High Definition / 1.33:1
AUDIO: English 1.0 DTS-HD MA
SUBTITLES: English SDH
1943 / Color
Special Features: Isolated Music Track / Hello Again: The Remaking of Alice Faye / Two Hello, Frisco, Hello Radio Programs / Original Theatrical Trailer
Limited Edition of 3,000 Units