PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Rich, emotional John Williams classic gets expanded CD! 20th Century Fox presents, Frank Perry directs from Jack Alain Leger’s novel, Christopher Reeve, Genevieve Bujold, Fernando Rey, Adolfo Celi, Tomas Milian star. Newly ordained priest (Reeve) heads off to WWII service, witnesses violent death, ultimately lands position in Vatican post where he becomes embroiled in black market activities involving U.S. military and Mafia. Amidst moral challenges, priest meets and falls in love with young postulant (Bujold), adding to crisis of conscience. John Williams, deep in fertile period that included Raiders Of The Lost Ark, E.T. and Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, anchors with beautifully expressive main theme spotlighting radiant trumpet of Maurice Murphy, celebrated soloist with London Symphony Orchestra who, interestingly, began his gem-filled career performing for Williams with LSO on initial Star Wars film in 1977. Williams created a multifaceted score combining not only the afore-mentioned expressive trumpet theme but also sequences ranging from deeply reflective to dramatically intense. Spotlight this time goes to magnificent 5-minute “Gloria”, scored for orchestra with organ and full chorus, heard in the film in celebratory sequence in Rome’s Cathedral of St. John and Paul. Intrada premiered the original 1982 Casablanca label LP program on a long out-of-print CD many years ago. That 1982 presentation contained much of the score in a unique mix made especially for the album, produced by Lionel Newman. Included were several sequences recorded expressly for the record, while two other cues heard in the actual film were dropped. Now, courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Universal Music Group, producer Michael Matessino works from the 1” 8-channel scoring session masters as well as the first-generation 1982 two-track album master, assembles the complete film soundtrack including the premiere release of the remaining two unreleased cues plus several minutes of additional unreleased soundtrack versions of sequences dropped in favor of special album takes on the 1982 LP. Maxing out this special Intrada CD is a fully re-mastered presentation of the 1982 Casablanca LP program in the best audio ever made available! Listeners can enjoy at last the complete soundtrack in the original film versions, mixed in stereo from the session elements and the 1982 album with its unique mixes, all in one beautifully packaged release! Matessino provides informative liner notes, Kay Marshall designs the package. Eric Tomlinson records at EMI Abbey Road, John Williams composes, conducts the London Symphony Orchestra. Intrada Special Collection CD available while quantities and interest remain! -INTRADA
THE ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM
01. Theme From Monsignor (3:28)
02. Reunion In Italy (1:36)
03. Forgotten Vows (4:13)
04. The Meeting In Sicily (3:55)
05. Audience With The Holy Father (3:44)
06. Gloria (5:16)
07. Monsignor (2:14)
08. Appolini’s Decision (3:15)
09. Santoni’s Compassion (5:03)
10. At The Forum (5:10)
Total Original Soundtrack Time: 38:01
THE FILM SCORE
11. Theme From Monsignor (3:27)
12. Monsignor (Main Title) (2:14)
13. Seeing Rome (1:41)
14. The Vatican (0:47)
15. You’re My Mystery (1:35)
16. Reunion In Italy (1:35)
17. Meeting In The Rain (1:25)
18. Forgotten Vows (Film Version) (2:48)
19. Gloria (5:17)
20. Love Theme (2:33)
21. The Book Shop (1:47)
22. Santoni’s Compassion (5:03)
23. Audience With The Holy Father (3:45)
24. Appolini’s Mistake (1:56)
25. End Title (2:55)
Total Score Time: 39:05
Total Disc Time: 77:18