PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early September and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Carl Davis writes of this release: "How exciting to revisit this recording made in Luxembourg in 1986 as a soundtrack for what was then the 'Thames Silents.' The team of directors and producers, Kevin Brownlow and David Gill and myself were delivering up to three restorations of full length feature films a year and I was about to embark on the 1925 'Ben Hur' score as soon as I had finished 'Intolerance.' The recording of the score followed two live performances of the film with the RTL Orchestra so they were more than ready. The main 'Intolerance' theme which spanned the entire 2 hours 40 minutes score had already passed into the orchestra's history- it was hummable and quoted at times of stress. Since the initial burst of performances in Leeds (it's premiere), London (The Dominium) and Luxembourg, there have been performances in France and Germany as well as in New York of it's recent reissuing on DVD with remastered sound and new material from the Library of Congress. Performing the score to this extraordinary film is always challenging but deeply rewarding. The film's theme has never dated and the international crises of 1917 are as relevant today... When will we learn?" -CARL DAVIS
1. Out of the Cradle [02:18] 2. The Dear One [01:12] 3. Old Paris: The Court [02:41] 4. Brown Eyes [00:56] 5. Strike [04:38] 6. Babylon: The Love Temple [02:32] 7. Uplifters [02:34] 8. The Siege of Babylon [08:36] 9. Fire Machine and Defeat of Cyrus [02:17] 10. The Boy's Return and Victory Celebration [03:56] 11. Sacred Dance [02:56] 12. Seduction, Murder and Trial [10:20] 13. Last Dawn [02:40] 14. St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre [03:53] 15. Last Sacrement [04:53] 16. Prosper's Rescue Attempt and Via Dolorosa [01:42] 17. Babylon's Las Bacchanale [01:13] 18. The Death of Brown Eyes [02:15] 19. Cyrus at the Gates [01:25] 20. The Fall of Babylon [06:31] 21. The Walk to the Scaffold [03:33] 22. Apotheosis [02:30]