PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
La-La Land Records, Universal Pictures, Universal Music Special Markets and Geffen Records celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the 1990 motion picture DARKMAN with a remastered and expanded 2-CD presentation of renowned composer Danny Elfman’s (BATMAN, BATMAN RETURNS, EDWARD SCISSORHANDS) original score. This beloved sci-fi/horror/action hybrid starring Liam Neeson, Francis McDormand and Larry Drake, and directed by Sam Raimi, marked the first collaboration between Raimi and composer Danny Elfman – a union that would continue to flourish, resulting in such notable scores as A SIMPLE PLAN, SPIDER-MAN, SPIDER-MAN 2, OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL). DARKMAN finds Elfman in the period following his immortal, breakthrough BATMAN score, and here, he unleashes another gothic and expressionistic orchestral wonder – a tragic, haunting, brooding and darkly romantic musical deep dive that is rich in theme and brimming with classic film score motifs. DISC 1 of this anniversary presentation features a remaster of the original 1990 soundtrack assembly, while DISC 2 finally unleashes the expanded film score in all of its might! Produced by Mike Matessino and Neil S. Bulk, and mastered by Matessino, this limited edition release of 3000 units features a bounty of previously unreleased music. The releases’ exclusive, in-depth liner notes are by writer Daniel Schweiger and the robust art direction is by Dan Goldwasser.
DISC 1: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK ALBUM
1. Main Titles 1:39
2. Woe, The Darkman...Woe 6:10
3. Rebuilding / Failure 3:16
4. Love Theme 0:56
5. Julie Transforms 1:11
6. Rage / Peppy Science 1:37
7. Creating Pauley 3:19
8. Double Durant 1:50
9. The Plot Unfolds (Dancing Freak) 7:01
10. Carnival From Hell 3:16
11. Julie Discovers Darkman 1:59
12. High Steel 4:18
13. Finale / End Credits 3:41
DISC 1 TOTAL TIME: 40:15
DISC 2: EXPANDED PRESENTATION
1. Intro / Three Fingers 2:56
2. Snip, Snip, Snip 1:42
3. Main Titles 1:41
4. Peppy Science (Film Version) 1:19
5. Persistence / Marry Me 0:42
6. Love Theme 1:00
7. The Model 1:41
8. One Hundred Minutes / Peyton Gets Tromped 2:17
9. Yakitito / The Big Bang 2:47
10. Julie Transforms 1:17
11. Hospital 0:39
12. Rage 0:29
13. Woe, The Darkman...Woe (Film Version) 6:17
14. Rebuilding / Failure (Film Version) 3:24
15. Waltz / Rage / First Blood 2:19
16. Creating Pauley 3:25
17. The Plot Unfolds (Dancing Freak) (Film Version) 6:25
18. Finger Stinger 1:48
19. False Durant 1:13
20. Durant Stinger / Durant in Trouble 2:02
21. Double Durant (Film Version) 1:54
22. Carnival From Hell (Extended Version) 4:06
23. Julie Discovers Darkman 2:03
24. Julie Stinger / City Stinger 0:59
25. Peyton On The Run 2:09
26. Darkman Stalks / Guzman’s Reveal 2:19
27. Chopper Spree 1:18
28. Shake Him 2:21
29. Durant Bites It / Dead, Not Dead? 1:44
30. High Steel (Extended Version) 5:57
31. Finale / End Credits 3:45
32. Yakitito / The Big Bang (Alternate) 2:52
DISC 2 TOTAL TIME: 77:00
TWO-DISC TOTAL TIME 1:57:15