PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of October 23, 2020 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records, in collaboration with MovieScore Media, presents SHORT CUTS 2019, the follow-up to last year’s initiative to collect together the most memorable short film scores of each year. The 2019 selection is headlined by such as fan favorites as Academy Award winner Rachel Portman (ARCHIE), Christopher Young (FANBOY), Bear McCreary (THE TOLL ROAD) and Joe Kraemer (THE WOUND), while composers previously featured on MovieScore Media include Pantawit Kiangsiri (WINTER OLYMPIC DREAM), Rob Simonsen (IN THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET THERE), Laura Rossi (RUEFUL WARRIOR), Joe Kraemer (THE WOUND), Daniel Alceh (THE TATTOOED TORAH) and Chad Cannon (FELINE PARADOX). The album also gives MovieScore Media the opportunity to welcome new composers to the label, such as Frederik Wiedmann (BURNING BRIGHT), Joan Vilà (POR QUÉ MIENTE LA GENTE) and Michael Neilson (GILTRUDE’S DWELLING).
The animated titles in the 2019 selection include a wide-range of topics from the three colorful shorts featuring the music of Kevin Smithers through Chad Cannon’s sci-fi comedy FELINE PARADOX to Daniel Alceh’s educational THE TATTOOED TORAH. Other high-profile shorts include Rob Simonsen’s music FOR IN THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET THERE (directed by Scrubs’ Zach Braff) and Christopher Young’s score for FANBOY, which stars Sam Raimi.
Although the tracks themselves have a different feel to them due to the diversity of both the represented genres and the composers involved, we hope this selection of the best short scores from 2019 proves that great film music is still alive and well – sometimes it’s just hiding in the unlikeliest places!
1. Pantawit Kiangsiri: WINTER OLYMPIC DREAM (8:13)
2. Rob Simonsen & Duncan Blickenstaff:
IN THE TIME IT TAKES TO GET THERE (2:16)
3. Bear McCreary: THE TOLL ROAD (3:10)
4. Rachel Portman: ARCHIE (3:56)
5. Kevin Smithers: BRUISED (2:42)
6. Christopher Young: FANBOY (5:38)
7. Frederik Wiedmann: BURNING BRIGHT (5:15)
8. Joan Vilà: ¿POR QUÉ MIENTE LA GENTE? (4:42)
9. Kevin Smithers: KNITROMANCER (3:28)
10. Joe Kraemer: THE WOUND (3:49)
11. Laura Rossi: RUEFUL WARRIOR (4:56)
12. Chad Cannon: FELINE PARADOX (7:40)
13. Michael Neilson: GILTRUDE’S DWELLING (3:42)
14. Daniel Alcheh: THE TATTOOED TORAH (6:10)
15. Kevin Smithers: DON’T CROAK (1:36)
TOTAL DISC TIME: 67:52
LIMITED COLLECTOR’S EDITION OF 300 UNITS.