Marlon Brando remains one of the most legendary and charismatic actors ever to grace the silver screen.
Appearing in just 39 films in over half-a-century of stardom, the music featured in them is rich and varied, ranging from Franz Waxman to Nino Rota.
This 2CD set brings together music from 15 of his greatest screen roles performed by The City Of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra.
Not just a collection of themes, this release encapsulates some of the best scores in the history of movies that reflect one of its true giants.
Highlights include a 20 minute suite from Leonard Bernstein’s score from On The Waterfront and Gato Barberi’s jazzy Last Tango In Paris theme.
1. The Godfather – Waltz
2. A Streetcar Named Desire – Suite
3. Sayonara – Prelude
4. Sayonara – Katsumi’s Love
5. Sayonara – Street Fight
6. Sayonara – Elegy & Finale
7. The Wild One – Main & End Titles
8. The Missouri Breaks – Love Theme
9. Last Tango In Paris
10. The Chase
11. The Young Lions – Main Title
12. Superman – Main Theme
13. The Godfather – Sicilian Pastorale
14. The Godfather – Love Theme
1. Mutiny On The Bounty – Overture
2. Julius Caesar – Caesar Now Be Still
3. Viva Zapata – A Gathering Of Forces
4. One-Eyed Jacks – Main Title
5. The Men – Suite
6. Apocalypse Now – The Ride Of The Valkyries
7. On The Waterfront – Suite from the film