PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Early December and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Director Billy Wilder adds a new and intriguing twist to the personality of intrepid detective Sherlock Holmes. One thing hasn't changed however: Holmes' crime-solving talents. Holmes and Dr. Watson take on the case of a beautiful woman whose husband has vanished. The investigation proves strange indeed, involving six missing midgets, villainous monks, a Scottish castle, the Loch Ness monster, and covert naval experiments. Can the sleuths make sense of all this and solve the mystery?
Special Limited Collector's Edition
Spectacular New Digital Recording
Over 77 Minutes of Music
Scores Reconstructed, Orchestrated and Conducted by Rozsa expert Nic Raine
One of the Finest Scores from the Legendary Hollywood Composer of BEN-HUR, EL CID, DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE LOST WEEKEND, LUST FOR LIFE, KING OF KINGS and SPELLBOUND
Music Performed by the Acclaimed City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra
Stunning Solo Violin Performance by the Exciting New Violin Virtuoso Lucie Svehlova
Score based on Rozsa's brilliant Concerto for Violin, Opus 24 (original written for Jascha Heifetz)
Includes one of the most haunting of themes even composed for violin and orchestra: “Gabrielle”.
BONUS MATERIAL includes over 20 Minutes of Music Composed for Scenes Cut from the Final Print of this Classic Billy Wilder Film.
1) Main titles/221B Baker Street
2) The Smoke Machine/ Concerto / Cocaine 2:12
3) The Curious Case of the Upside-Down Room* / Pistol Practice* 5:32
4) Moving Out* 2:54
5) Watson’s Rage / Being Presumptuous 2:22
6) Von Tirpitz Appears 1:50
7) Gabrielle 5:17
8) No.32 Ashdown St. / Canaries 4:15
9) The Rambunctious Canary* 2:36
10) The Diogenes Club 1:29
11) To Glenahurich (Loch Lomond, arr. Rozsa) / The Parasol 2:25
12) Inverness / The Cemetery / Valladon 5:46
13) The Sighting 1:02
14) Castles of Scotland / Urquhart Castle 5:25
15) After the Monster / The Monster Strikes 5:03
16) The Last Act 2:07
17) Ilse von Hoffmanstal / A Certain Royal / Gabrielle’s Awakening 3:28
18) Holmes’ Morse Code / Eternal Silence / Farewell 3:47
19) Auf Wiedersehen / The End 5:16
20) Castles of Scotland – Version 1* 1:54
21) Castles of Scotland – Version 2* (Vienna in Scotland ) 2:10
22) Castles of Scotland – Final Version with Bagpipe Drones 2:05
23) Main Titles / 221B Baker Street – Original Version* 4:22