PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of February 5, 2019 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Almost 40 years after its theatrical debut, Beat Records is proud to present—for the first time on CD—the complete original motion picture soundtrack to one of the most controversial Italian genre movies of all time: CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, directed by Ruggero Deodato and featuring a beautiful score by Riz Ortolani. Considered the founder of the “Found Footage” subgenre, Cannibal Holocaust follows the research by some adventurous filmmakers who disappear in the Amazonian “Green Inferno” while searching for another group of explorers who’d also recently gone missing. The discovery of the missing filmmakers’ footage unveils the atrocities that took place in the forest as well as the moral poverty of the protagonists from the “civil” world who become the real villains of the story.
The music of this absolute cult classic, composed by one of the greatest Italian musicians of all time—Riz Ortolani—is among his fans’ favorites. Long out of print and available only in its original album presentation, the complete score is finally here, a wonderful contrast to the images for which it was composed, one of the most disquieting musical experiments ever created for scenes with such violence.
After Porno Holocaust and Zombi Holocaust, Beat Records unleashes its third Holocaust, this time Cannibal, available in the DDJ series, packaged in a jewel case with a 12-page booklet designed by Daniele De Gemini, with mastering by Claudio Fuiano and liner notes by Fabio Babini.
1. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (Main Theme) 02:56
2. ADULTERESS' PUNISHMENT 03:21
3. CAMERAMEN'S RECREATION 03:16
4. MASSACRE OF THE TROUPE 03:53
5. LOVE WITH FUN 02:54
6. CRUCIFIED WOMAN 02:19
7. RELAXING IN THE SAVANA 03:05
8. SAVAGE RITE 03:41
9. DRINKING COCO 03:23
10. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (End Titles) 03:52
Bonus tracks – previously unreleased
11. SAVAGE RITE (# 2) 01:50
12. CRUCIFIED WOMAN (short version) 01:26
13. SAVAGE RITE (# 3) 02:31
14. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (terror) 02:17
15. SAVAGE RITE (# 4) 03:53
16. ADULTERESS’S PUNISHMENT (long version) 04:01
17. SAVAGE RITE (# 5) 02:04
18. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (Main Theme # 2) 02:27
19. SAVAGE RITE (# 6) 02:42
20. CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST (Main Theme # 3) 02:27