Quartet Records and MovieScore Media presents the CD release of Miriam Cutler: Film Music, which features selections from 18 different movies, most of which have no commercial release on CD. The cues were personally selected by the composer to reflect on the many different projects from her career as a documentary composer.
Though she originally worked on all kinds of projects, ranging from songwriting and records, corporate videos, live circus or scoring early entries of the cult Witchcraft series, Miriram Cutler got her first important documentary, Arthur Dong’s Licensed to Kill which unlocked a passion for non-fiction work she continues to this day. The collection collects Miriam’s most important titles alongside a few forgotten favorites from movies that never had a wide release.
The CD booklet features Miriam’s own introductory thoughts about documentary scoring alongside discussions of each featured project by Gergely Hubai.
1. Lost in La Mancha (2:06)
2. Absolute Wilson (3:45)
3. Genious of a Place (6:19)
4. Out of Faith (3:49)
5. Pandemic: Facing AIDS (2:30)
6. A Powerful Noise (5:54)
7. Ghost of Abu Ghraib (2:50)
8. Chris & Don: A Love Story (3:28)
9. Vito (5:27)
10. One Bad Cat: The Reverend Albert Wagner Story (2:48)
11. All American Cowgirl (2:19)
12. One Lucky Elephant (5:57)
13. Finding Kukan (4:18)
14. The Desert of Forbidden Art (2:55)
15. Death: A Love Story (2:44)
16. View from the Bridge: Stories from Kosovo (5:47)
17. Stolen Childhoods (7:14)
18. Stumped (4:22)
Total Disc Time: 74:40