PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid May and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Dragon’s Domain Records presents the original motion picture soundtrack to GHOULIES IV, featuring music composed by Chuck Cirino for the 1994 horror comedy directed by Jim Wynorski, written by Mark Sevi and starring Peter Liapis, Barbara Alyn Woods, Stacie Randall, Raquel Krelle, Bobby Di Cicco, Tony Cox, Arturo Gil, Antonia Dorian and Ace Mask . GHOULIES IV continues the longtime collaboration between filmmaker Jim Wynorski and composer Chuck Cirino, which includes films such as CHOPPING MALL, DEATHSTALKER II, NOT OF THIS EARTH, TRANSYLVANIA TWIST, A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS, A DOGGONE HOLLYWOOD and, most recently, A DOGGONE ADVENTURE.
GHOULIES IV centers around a retired occultist turned police officer named Jonathan Graves (Peter Liapis) whose ex-lover Alexandria (Stacie Randall) summons creatures from the netherworld to hunt down a powerful amulet that will set Faust the demon ruler free upon the world. Meanwhile, two ghoulies waddle through an open porthole onto the streets of Los Angeles dishing out mayhem and madness as they search for a way home.
The electronic score for GHOULIES IV employs an arsenal of scoring techniques Cirino initially explored on CHOPPING MALL. It’s chock-full of frenetic sixteenth-note synth licks, regurgitating melodies, bizarre synth soundscapes, punctuations of synth slap bass, and a litany of pulsating percussion.
Chuck Cirino did not start his career as a composer, but rather as a programmer in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania for a Public Access cable TV station, where he learned how to create TV shows by himself, without a crew. In his spare time, he experimented with the station’s video equipment and created a series of genre productions that allowed him the opportunity to learn how to incorporate special effects into his work. After relocating to California, Cirino transitioned into directing high-end special effects television commercials. His first work as composer was for the 1980 cult film GYPSY ANGELS, which starred Vanna White and Richard Roundtree. Since then he has scored films for Roger Corman, directed music videos for bands like Earth, Wind & Fire and The Dickies’ KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE, and has recorded over 40 music soundtracks for feature films including SORCERESS, HARD TO DIE, TRANSYLVANIA TWIST, and many others. Most recently, he has scored A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS, A DOGGONE HOLLYWOOD and A DOGGONE ADVENTURE.
Chuck has worked as a producer, director, filmmaker, videographer, animator, special effects technician, editor, and composer. He executive produces and directs WEIRD TV, a television series featuring weird Americans, bizarre news, unbelievable events and outlandish skits. Chuck’s credits also include executive producer and director of the Sci Fi Channel projects, WORLDWIDE WEIRD and WARPED IN SPACE, and BABERELLAS, an independent Sci Fi feature distributed by Xenon Pictures.
Dragon’s Domain Records is excited to bring GHOULIES IV to compact disc for the first time, mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland with exclusive liner notes by author and composer Brian Satterwhite, with the participation of the composer.
1. Cinetel Films Logo/ Alexandra Summons Faust/ Ghoulies Arrive/Main Titles (6:14)
2. Convenience Store Robbery/Shootout (2:42)
3. Alexandra Summons Faust Again (2:35)
4. Kate and Johnny toWarehouse Crime Scene (4:26)
5. Alexandra Seduces Scotty (2:07)
6. Jeanine Steals Johnny’s Jewel (1:34)
7. Faust Takes Control/Hell Pays (1:36)
(Vocal & Lyrics: Alexa Anastasia)
8. Alexandra Sets Trap (4:11)
9. Johnny Enters Warehouse (4:22)
10. Alexandria Into Johnny’s Apartment (5:25)
11. Ghoulies Hitch a Ride in the Truck (1:29)
12. Alexandra Kidnaps Jeanine (3:00)
13. The Ritual Begins/Johnny Fights Bongo (4:32)
14. The Final Battle (Faust Banished) (6:21)
15. Johnny and Kate Kiss (1:21)
16. Ghoulies Steal the Jewel/End Cast (2:41)
17. Ghoulies IV End Credits (3:23)
Total Time: 58:40
GHOULIES IV is a limited edition release of 500 units.