PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Mid July and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records, in collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, presents an expanded CD release of the romantic, innovative, masterful score by Philippe Sarde (GHOST STORY, THE TENANT, THE BEAR, QUEST FOR FIRE) for CÉSAR ET ROSALIE, one of his most significant scores for Claude Sautet.
Starring Yves Montand and Romy Schneider as the titular couple, CÉSAR ET ROSALIE is about a most unusual love triangle in which a woman must choose between her artistic ex and her current boyfriend—who may be rich, but is much more boring than her old flame. As the men come to an understanding about the situation, they realize they can be good friends while Rosalie feels conflicted about their growing bond...
Philippe Sarde’s score is notable for its inclusion of a Moog synthesizer in its propulsive main theme, but the selection also includes a wide variety of cues from a love theme for Rosalie and her two beaus to cool jazz cues representing the ex-husband’s Bohemian lifestyle.
This is the first-ever complete presentation of the score, including about 20 minutes of previously unreleased music. It has been produced by Edouard Dubois and the composer, and mastered by Chris Malone from first-generation master tapes courtesy of Gruppo Sugar. The richly illustrated package features liner notes by Gergely Hubai discussing the film and score.
1. César et Rosalie (1:59)
2. Le cortège et la course (2:25)
3. David (1:21)
4. Folie de César (1:04)
5. Free Jazz (L’atelier de David) (4:58)
6. Après Sète (2:07)
7. David et Rosalie (2:14)
8. César court chez Antoine (0:44)
9. Rosalie (1:38)
10. César, David et Rosalie (1:52)
11. Les sentiments (1:36)
12. Rosalie est partie (0:58)
13. César (1:49)
14. Repas de noces (3:49)
15. La lettre de Rosalie / Je ne le reverrai plus / À la recherche de Rosalie / Les doutes de César / La rupture / Rosalie et César / Épernay sous la pluie (8:08)
16. César et Rosalie (Générique) (2:06)
17. Thème (Piano solo) (2:48)
Total Disc Time: 41:44