PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of November 7, 2022 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
BSX Records presents the original motion picture soundtrack to ZEUS AND ROXANNE, featuring music composed by Bruce Rowland (THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER, PHAR LAP, ANDRE) for the 1997 family adventure film directed by George Miller (ANZACS, THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER, ALL THE RIVERS RUN), written by Tom Benedek (COCOON), starring Steve Guttenberg, Kathleen Quinlan, Miko Hughes and Arnold Vosloo.
ZEUS AND ROXANNE revolves around the friendship between a dog, Zeus, and a dolphin, Roxanne. One morning, Zeus goes to the pier, spots a dolphin, and becomes fascinated by it. He returns home to his owner, Terry (Guttenberg), and his son, Jordan (Hughes). Later that morning, Zeus chases a cat and subsequently destroys the garden of Mary Beth (Quinlan), a marine biologist and their next-door neighbor. Terry calms Zeus down and apologizes to Mary Beth.
Mary Beth goes to her workplace and is followed by Zeus, who notices her photo of the same dolphin from earlier. Upon arriving, she is met by her partner, Becky, and her rival, Claude (Vosloo). Mary Beth and Becky travel out on a boat to follow the dolphin they are researching, whom they have named Roxanne, and Zeus stows away on the boat. While they are out to sea, Zeus slips off the boat. Roxanne saves him from a shark and gives him a ride back to the boat on her back, which surprises and fascinates Mary Beth and Becky, who find that Zeus and Roxanne are able to communicate with each other.
Returning home, Mary Beth asks Jordan if she can borrow Zeus for her research on Roxanne, who she hopes to release back into the wild. Jordan agrees, and he and Terry accompany her on her research. As time passes, Terry begins to fall in love with Mary Beth as he manages to find inspiration for his music, while Jordan bonds with her daughters.
Bruce Rowland’s fascination with music began as a child. He grew up in a musical household in Melbourne, and as a teenager studied piano and played with various pop bands. He worked with pop group The Strangers during the 1960s, and toured with international artists including Roy Orbison and The Beach Boys. Bruce developed much of his early skill as a composer on the popular teenage television series THE GO SHOW, where he was responsible for playing keyboard and writing arrangements for guest artists including Olivia Newton-John and Billy Thorpe. Later, he worked for five years as the composer for children’s television programs MAGIC CIRCLE CLUB and ADVENTURE ISLAND. His career spans a multitude of motion pictures, cable movies, mini-series, series, animations and special live events. Bruce is the proud recipient of multiple awards, including a 2006 APRA International Achievement Award for his services to film. In 2000, Bruce wrote and conducted the music for the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympic Games, which included a special rendition of Bruce’s score for THE MAN FROM SNOWY RIVER.
Previously released on compact disc in 2001, BSX Records brings ZEUS AND ROXANNE back to the marketplace newly remastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland for improved sound quality.
1. Zeus and Roxanne: Opening / Day Trip (5:06)
2. Car Chase / Underwater Ride (2:39)
3. Zeus Arrives / Carver the Spy (4:14)
4. Zeus’ Adventure (5:27)
5. A Case of Rum / Carver Captured (1:29)
6. Stowaway (1:56)
7. Carver’s Dogs / Phone Call (3:09)
8. Shark Attack / Stranded Sub / Rescue (7:35)
9. Can’t Go Through With It (4:23)
10. Carver Busted / The Wedding (4:15)
Total Time: 40:36